Friday, May 13, 2011

Powder Room - Entry

A powder room is a must near the main entry of the home, in my opinion.  After a long car ride, many often need to use the "facilities"!  When I use the term powder room, I'm referring to a simple half bath, consisting of a vanity, mirror and toilet.  Sarah did a beautiful powder room for her farmhouse, but as it's not really my style, this will be my first room post based on my own designs!

As the powder room connects to the mudroom, the styles need to compliment each other.  Let's start with the vanity, as it's really the only piece of furniture going into this room.  I love both of these:


 









The vanity on the left can be found at http://www.homedecorators.com and is priced at $469.00.  The vanity on the right can be found at http://www.potterybarn.com at is quite expensive at $1699.00!  Neither comes with the faucet, so that would be a separate purchase.  As this is for a powder room, there's really no reason to spend $1699.00 on a vanity, in my opinion, unless you've got an unlimited budget! 

Add a great mirror and some lighting and the vanity on the left would look fantastic in any powder room!

If we were to do paneling up part of the wall, Sarah recommends that it be no shorter than 42" to avoid splashing the painted part of the wall.  She also highly recommends that the seat on the toilet be attached with the chrome hinges versus the plastic ones.  I wish I had known that last time we had to replace a seat, because the hinges on ours broke very quickly!

I haven't narrowed down a color scheme for this room yet, but will add that once I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment