Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Design Inspiration



I've always enjoyed watching interior decorating shows on TV, but the last few months I've found the designer that most speaks to my decorating style...Sarah Richardson.

Sarah is a Canadian interior designer who started her career as a "behind-the-scenes prop stylist and set decorator."  She eventually created Sarah Richardson Design, Inc. and today is one of Canada's best known designers.  She is the star of shows such as Design, Inc., Sarah's House 1, 2, and 3, Sarah 101 and the upcoming Sarah's Summer House (which I believe is the same as Sarah's Cottage). She flawlessly blends traditional styles with modern and the result is not only beautiful, but timeless.

As I start this little adventure, I'm certain the phrase, "What would Sarah do?" will be used often!


My other favorite part of Sarah's shows and design-capades is...Tommy Smythe! Tommy is Sarah's "design side-kick" and is a breath of fresh air.  His quick wit and enormous personality is enjoyable to watch.  He and Sarah have created design magic, in my opinion!

As we narrow down what we'd like to create for our own home, I'll be referencing photos of many of Sarah and Tommy's designs.  So sit back, and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment